The WIN Program was developed as a joint venture between High Schools and GetSet the program was designed to engage with students who are considering leaving school for the workforce to start an apprenticeship or traineeship, GetSet hosts a Seminar with the students where they will be given the skills that they require to enter the job market and succeed in employment, as well as place them into work experience programs to gain further on the job experience.
The Seminar its self is a full day event which is hosted at the school/nominated venue during the seminar students will cover the following subjects:
- Harassment & Bullying in the workplace – Students will learn about bullying and harassment in the workplace as well as who to report it to if they are being bullied or harassed in the workplace or are witness to it.
- Privacy/Confidentiality – Students are given an induction in confidentiality and why it is important in some fields.
- WH&S and PPE – Students are given a brief induction into workplace health and safety and shown how to identify hazards in the workplace as well as the method of reporting, Students also identify Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that would be required for certain positions.
- Expectations from employers – during this section we have a local employer come in and explain their expectations from their employee’s in the workplace, this gives the students an idea of what is expected from them when they enter the workforce.
- Code of Conduct in the workplace – Students go through a standardised code of conduct for a workplace and have the opportunity to ask questions as well
- Resume & cover letter writing – Students will be shown how to write cover letters for specific positions as well as complete a resume which they will be able to use to gain employment.
- TAFE assessment
- Interview preperation and mock interviews – Students will go through interview preperations followed by Mock interviews with a local employer.
- Personal Presentation and Hygiene – Dressing appropriately for work, and to the standards of the position.
- An Employer forum wraps up the day – students will get the opportunity to ask employers questions about entering in a specific field of work we organise various employers from different fields of interest to come in and talk to the students and answer any questions.