Are you employing or looking to employ an apprentice or trainee?
Why not do it through GetSet Group Training? We take the hassle out of employing an apprentice or trainee by managing the relationship for you and allowing you to concentrate on running your business. We take care of the Training Contract, organize training at TAFE or other training providers, manage their pays, superannuation, workcover and we keep an eye on your apprentice/trainee if they run into any difficulty along the way. Your apprentice/trainee are legally employed by GetSet and hosted back to you. We manage the administration and provide additional care and support necessary to achieve successful completion of the training contract.
GetSet takes care of all legal obligations for the trainee or apprentice to ensure that you can focus on growing your business.
What Is Group Training?
Group Training refers to an arrangement where Group Training Organizations (GTOs) employ apprentices and trainees and place them with host employers. GTOs undertake employer responsibilities which includes:
- recruiting apprentices and trainees
- undertaking the management of employer responsibilities including wages, allowances, superannuation, workers compensation, sick/holiday pay and other employment benefits
- managing the quality and continuity or training, both on and off the job
- provide the additional care and ongoing support necessary for the apprentice to successfully complete the Apprenticeship/Traineeship Training Contract
Group Training can be particularly important to small and medium sized businesses
Many small businesses see committing to an apprentice or trainee as too risky, or perhaps lack the resources to manage the apprenticeship or traineeship effectively. Some are unable to provide the breadth of on the job training and skills development required for the full term of an apprenticeship or traineeship. We recognize those limitations and assume that role to ensure businesses have the resources they need to succeed.
The goals of Group Training are to:
- create additional employment opportunities for apprentices and trainees
- provide for continuity of employment and training through to completion
- iimprove the quality and range of training available to apprentices and trainees
GetSet achieves these goals by:
- employing apprentices and trainees and place them with host employers
- meeting the employer obligations outlined in the Training Contract
- manage and monitor arrangements with host employers; training providers and apprentice/trainees
- provide any necessary care and support throughout the apprenticeship or traineeship
- assist apprentices and trainees to make a successful transition into the skilled workforce
- rotate apprentices and trainees among host employers to ensure continuity and enhance the quality and range of their training experience
- provide access to apprenticeships and traineeships for those disadvantaged in the labour market
- provide services to the community which contribute to the promotion of vocational education and training while encouraging local employment.
Contact us today to find out more information